Birmingham Tree Lighting Ceermony
Friday, Dec. 1 at 6:00pm
Shain Park in downtown Birmingham
The Christian Science Reading Room is one of the sponsors of Birmingham’s Winter Markt that runs Dec. 1 – 3. We are hosting the Welcome Tent on Friday night and will have a book display. The ceremony to turn on 40,000 LED lights on the 41-foot holiday tree will take place at 6pm.
Click here for the complete lecture schedule.
Plymouth: Saturday, Dec. 16 at 2:00pm
MEANINGFUL CHANGE FOR OURSELVES AND THE WORLD
Have you ever considered that you can feel God’s love—and that it could change your life, and the world? This lecture discusses the effects of feeling God’s love, and shares examples of how receptivity to Love has brought healing for many.
Featured Podcasts and Articles
- Mark Sappenfield, Editor of The Christian Science Monitor, addresses how one might use the solution-oriented Christian Science Monitor to pray about current events. He delves into the metaphysical basis of The Monitor and gives examples of praying about world challenges such as the Israeli-Hamas war. (Replay of Nov. 12 program hosted by Wide Horizon.)
- A sampling of the sincere prayer going on among those who study and appreciate the teachings of Christian Science. (Sentinel featured online content published 10/20/23)
- How can we pray for peace effectively? What can we do to make it possible to experience the promise of “on earth peace, good will toward men.” (Luke 2:14)? (By Daniela Manger in the November 2023 issue of the CS Journal)
- Jesus expected that his followers would think and pray beyond the borders of their own lives. (Editorial by Jenny Sawyer in the Oct. 23, 2023 issue of the CS Sentinel)
- Holding to the spiritual fact of everyone’s unbreakable unity, safety, and life in God brings hope, and strength to go forward. (By Suzanne Smedley from the Oct. 13, 2023 issue of the CS Sentinel)
More on Prayer
- News stories suggest that prayer is not enough to stop violence and bring peace to a troubled world. But prayer that yields to Love’s rule is never in vain. (Oct. 16, 2023 Sentinel editorial by Kim Korinek)
- Guests on October 2023 Sentinel Watch podcasts share their insights on Prayer: Part 1 with Bob Cochran released (Oct. 2) and Part 2 with Deborah Packer (Oct. 9).